Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sclerotherapy treatment for the first time

Sclerotherapy is a procedure used to treat blood vessels or blood vessel malformations (vascular malformations) and also those of the lymphatic system. A medicine is injected into the vessels, which makes them shrink. It is used for children and young adults with vascular or lymphatic malformations

Since the mass on my neck is getting bigger, the doctors in Seattle Children's suggested that I should try out Sclerotherapy.  I was given some sleepy drugs while the procedure is being done.  I feel a little bit painful and sore on my neck after the procedure, but the pain level is controllable with the help of some pain relief medicines.     I stayed in the hospital for two days and did two treatments in total.  Hopefully this will help decrease the size of my mass, so that I can move my head more easily.



Mommy is so glad that I would start eating again after the procedure, as she is afraid that I would lose my appetite like last time after surgery.

Heading home from the hospital

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I think this is the coollest blog I`ve seen. I really like your theme.
    Laser Washington DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much for your compliment. Is such an encouragement!

      Delete