Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Good job, Jasmine!

Mommy took me to the park today and it was so much fun as I got to play with the slides, swing, and also chase the ducks!
There were a lot of kids when we got to the park, and there were quite a few kids kept surrounding me and asking mommy tons of questions.  I overheard their conversion:


Little girl: What's wrong with her (referring to me--Jasmine)
Mommy: (Try to not use any medical terms and explain my condition to her patiently)  She has a medical condition.  There's water got collected in her neck and arm.
Little girl: That's sad......does it hurt?
Mommy: Not at this moment.
Little girl: Will it pass on to me?
Mommy: No, it won't.
Little girl: Will she looks into the mirror and gets scare by how she looks? Or feel sad when she looks into the mirror?
Mommy: No. Not really.......she is too little to understand what's going on with her body.  
Little girl: Can she eat? Can she breathe?
Mommy: Yes.  She can eat and breathe normally.  And see? She could walk, run around, and play in the park!

Mommy told me that she was glad that the little girl is willing to ask questions, as that's the first step to get to know me and my condition.  A big step that hopefully will raise awareness of this rare medical condition!

Then when I was playing, another girl shout out and said I look scary to her.  Mommy immediately told her that I'm not scary at all and I'm no difference than her---a normal little girl!

Well...honestly, I don't quite understand what was going on today with people talking with mommy and surrounding me constantly.  May be like mommy said, I'm just too little to understand.  I just did my own things and ran down the slides numerous times! ^.^ Oh yeah....and I remember there were two boys who came to me and said I'm a cutie!!!!! (That I totally get...hahahaha)

Before we head home, mommy told me that I did a good job today and she loves me very much.
I guess is pretty easy to do a good job...all I did were run and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment