Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Welcome Jasmine to the world 01/11/2011

Welcome Jasmine to the world!
01/11/2011
Weight: 8.8lb

Just like what the doctors had expected when I was still in mommy's tummy, I'm diagnosis with Lymphatic Malformation (LM). I'm not quite sure what LM means, but here's what the doctors had told mommy and daddy:

LMs do not invovle blood vessels.  Instead, they involve the lymphatic, or body fluid, system.  They result from a blockage or defect of the lymphatic vessels as they are forming.  When the lymphatic channels are blocked, this results in excess fluid build-up in both the t issue and the vessels.  When this is close to the surface of the skin, you can see a prominent enlargement of the area.


My affected areas are all on the left side of my body: neck, arm, chest.  The condition doesn't really bother me, the only thing that bother me is that I can not spend more time with mommy and daddy as the nurse is taking me to the NICU for further observation!

No comments:

Post a Comment